Nirvana nominated for `Rock and Roll Hall of Fame` honour
London: Nirvana has been nominated along with 16 other acts for entry into the `Rock and Roll Hall of Fame` in 2014.
It is the first time the US rock group, behind the seminal 1991 album `Nevermind`, have been eligible for admission as the rule states that candidates must have released their debut album or single at least 25 years before 2012, the BBC reported.
Other bands in contention are `Deep Purple`, `Kiss`, `Yes` and `The Replacements`.
The list of inductees will be announced in December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alive Indians band to dedicate performance to Uri attack victims
- Banning artistes gives victory to terrorists: Pakistani musician
- Musical tribute to Jagjit Singh by 'Tum Bin 2' makers
- Watch: Diljit Dosanjh's 'Do You Know' is so addictive you will play it on loop
- Ajay Devgn and Erika Kaar's romance in 'Darkhaast' is pure magic! Watch 'Shivaay' song here