Nirvana nominated for `Rock and Roll Hall of Fame` honour
London: Nirvana has been nominated along with 16 other acts for entry into the `Rock and Roll Hall of Fame` in 2014.
It is the first time the US rock group, behind the seminal 1991 album `Nevermind`, have been eligible for admission as the rule states that candidates must have released their debut album or single at least 25 years before 2012, the BBC reported.
Other bands in contention are `Deep Purple`, `Kiss`, `Yes` and `The Replacements`.
The list of inductees will be announced in December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh, Ranbir, Abhishek and Amitabh clicked together at Pro Kabaddi League! Pics inside
- Top 5 ways to deal with mid-life crisis!
- Revealed! Why 'Baahubali' didn’t feature a Bollywood star-cast!
- 'Udta Punjab' Box Office collection: Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt starrer crosses Rs 50 crore mark!
- Top 5 signs that your boyfriend is too controlling!
- Like seriously! Kanye West lying naked along with other 11 personalities in his 'Famous' video - Watch
- Throwback pic! Virat Kohli showcases rockstar avatar, raps in AR Rahman's Chennai studio
- Led Zeppelin cleared of plagiarism charges
- Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan laud Shekhar Kapur's daughter's soul-stirring debut song – Watch
- Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline and John Abraham in 'Sau Tarah Ke' making video look HIGH on energy! Watch now