Nirvana nominated for `Rock and Roll Hall of Fame` honour
London: Nirvana has been nominated along with 16 other acts for entry into the `Rock and Roll Hall of Fame` in 2014.
It is the first time the US rock group, behind the seminal 1991 album `Nevermind`, have been eligible for admission as the rule states that candidates must have released their debut album or single at least 25 years before 2012, the BBC reported.
Other bands in contention are `Deep Purple`, `Kiss`, `Yes` and `The Replacements`.
The list of inductees will be announced in December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Donald Trump is a joke for America: Chloe Grace Moretz
- Hilarious! Salman Khan was in tears for a moment while filming ‘Sultan’ – Know why
- Watch: Behind-the-scenes 'Trip' of 'Udta Punjab' will make you more impatient for its release
- Wanted to make 'Sultan' only with Salman: Ali Abbas Zafar
- In this temple, people worship a Royal Enfield Bullet – Here’s why
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Sonu Nigam's new song 'Crazy Dil' has got the cutest surprise appearance ever – Watch to know
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Kesha gets standing ovation after Billboard Awards performance
- Adele’s new song 'Send My Love' is so psychedelic that you'll break your replay button – Watch here