Norah Jones performs first time in India
Mumbai: American singer-songwriter and pianist Norah Jones performed live for the first time in India here.
The Grammy winning daughter of late sitar legend Ravi Shankar gave her maiden performance during `A Summer`s Day` festival in Mumbai.
Norah dedicated the performance to her late father.
The festival also featured acclaimed singer-songwriter Siddharth Basrur (Mumbai) and one of the country`s most talented drummers Jivraj Singh (Kolkata).
Mumbai`s newest music festival `A Summer`s Day` took place late last evening at Mahalaxmi race course.
After Mumbai, Norah will be performing in New Delhi on March 5-6 and Bengaluru on March 8.
The festival aims to raise awareness towards breast cancer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Want to make your loved one's birthday special? Watch how to make handmade cards!
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!
- Here's how Parineeti Chopra-Varun Dhawan rehearsed for 'Janemann Aah' from 'Dishoom' ! Watch video
- One Direction's Liam Payne ready to launch solo career
- Actors singing is a very good trend: Ayushmann Khurrana
- Google's Doodle tribute to Bollywood singer Mukesh
- 'Wrestler' Aamir Khan turns rapper for 'Dangal' - Details inside