Norah Jones performs first time in India
Mumbai: American singer-songwriter and pianist Norah Jones performed live for the first time in India here.
The Grammy winning daughter of late sitar legend Ravi Shankar gave her maiden performance during `A Summer`s Day` festival in Mumbai.
Norah dedicated the performance to her late father.
The festival also featured acclaimed singer-songwriter Siddharth Basrur (Mumbai) and one of the country`s most talented drummers Jivraj Singh (Kolkata).
Mumbai`s newest music festival `A Summer`s Day` took place late last evening at Mahalaxmi race course.
After Mumbai, Norah will be performing in New Delhi on March 5-6 and Bengaluru on March 8.
The festival aims to raise awareness towards breast cancer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alive Indians band to dedicate performance to Uri attack victims
- Banning artistes gives victory to terrorists: Pakistani musician
- Musical tribute to Jagjit Singh by 'Tum Bin 2' makers
- Watch: Diljit Dosanjh's 'Do You Know' is so addictive you will play it on loop
- Ajay Devgn and Erika Kaar's romance in 'Darkhaast' is pure magic! Watch 'Shivaay' song here