Norah Jones performs first time in India
Mumbai: American singer-songwriter and pianist Norah Jones performed live for the first time in India here.
The Grammy winning daughter of late sitar legend Ravi Shankar gave her maiden performance during `A Summer`s Day` festival in Mumbai.
Norah dedicated the performance to her late father.
The festival also featured acclaimed singer-songwriter Siddharth Basrur (Mumbai) and one of the country`s most talented drummers Jivraj Singh (Kolkata).
Mumbai`s newest music festival `A Summer`s Day` took place late last evening at Mahalaxmi race course.
After Mumbai, Norah will be performing in New Delhi on March 5-6 and Bengaluru on March 8.
The festival aims to raise awareness towards breast cancer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Teenagers who feel safe at school get higher grades
- Shatrughan Sinha lauds Sonakshi's devotion to work
- Waarrior Savitri movie review: Ineffective and unimpressive
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's mushy love in 'Baar Baar Dekho' new still is just so aww!
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali to compose music for 'Padmavati'
- Janmashtami special—Celebrate Krishna's birth with these top 5 Bollywood tracks!
- Shraddha Kapoor sought to judge music reality TV show?
- Wedding SONG of the year 'Nachde Ne Saare' has Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra dance to glory! Watch
- Song alert! 'Besabriyaan' from Sushant Singh Rajput's 'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story' OUT—Watch