One Direction off to White House to sing for Obama’s girls
London: Boy band One Direction are set to go to the White House to play a special gig for Barack Obama’s daughters.
The President and First Lady Michelle have invited the band as a “thank you” to the girls for their help during the election campaign, the Daily Star reported.
Both Malia, 14, and Sasha, 11, are said to be huge fans of 1D.
A source close to One Direction told the publication that Michelle Obama, had been in touch personally to ask them to appear at the White House.
She originally invited them earlier this year, but they were unable to make it because of their hectic schedule.
“It’s an open invitation for a date to be arranged that fits in with everyone’s busy schedules,” the source said.
“It’s not every parent who can invite the hottest band in the world to their home. They will be the envy of girls across the world.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘The Voice India’ winner wants to be Salman, Akshay, Ranbir’s voice
- Watch: Taylor Swift, Scott Eastwood's raunchy chemistry in 'Wildest Dreams'
- Kapil Sharma sings for 'Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon'
- Fawad, Alia, Siddharth to croon for `Kapoor and Sons`
- 'Dheere Dheere' reprise: Love song beautifully recreated with Sonam Kapoor, Hrithik Roshan