One Direction storm to number one in UK
London: Boy band One Direction have scored the UK`s fastest-selling album for two years, with fans buying 237,000 copies of Midnight Memories in its first week.
Midnight Memories, the boy band`s third album, gone straight to the top of this week`s UK albums chart. It has sold more copies in a single week than any artist album since Michael Buble`s Christmas in 2011, reported BBC online.
Gary Barlow has a new entry at number two, knocking his Take That bandmate Robbie Williams down to third place.
Since I Saw You Last, Barlow`s first full solo album for 14 years, had sales of 116,000 in its first week whereas Williams had 109,000.
"The success really does send a signal that the festive season is almost with us - and means 1D are now real contenders to claim the biggest album of the year," said Official Charts Company chief executive Martin Talbot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aditya Roy Kapoor and Hrithik Roshan revisit evergreen hits – Here’s how
- David Guetta concert: Mumbai, Delhi gig rescheduled to January 15
- Musical tribute to Kaifi Azmi on 98th birth anniversary
- David Guetta's Mumbai concert cancelled – Here's why
- Hrithik Roshan and Yami Gautam's chemistry spills love all over in 'Kisi Se Pyar Ho Jaye' from 'Kaabil'