One Direction to perform at American Music Awards
Los Angeles: Boyband One Direction has been added to the line-up of performers at 2013 American Music Awards (AMA).
Their appearance will mark the debut for the five boys taking to the stage at the annual awards show, which will be broadcast on November 24.
"USA! 1D will be performing on The AMAs on Nov 24! You can watch the show live on ABC at 8pm," the band posted on Twitter.
There`s still no word on what song they will play, but some fans speculate that they will perform some new material from their upcoming album Midnight Memories.
In addition to performing, One Direction will compete in Favorite Album - Pop/Rock as their second album Take Me Home is nominated alongside Taylor Swift`s Red and Justin Timberlake`s The 20/20 Experience.
Harry Styles and his bandmates are also in the running for
Favorite Band, Duo or Group - Pop/Rock.
One Direction is set to be joined by Florida Georgia Line, who has just been added to the line-up too.
"Florida Georgia Line and One Direction have made an incredible impact over the past three years. We are thrilled to have them make their AMA debut performances this year," said Larry Klein, longtime producer of the American Music Awards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deols should promote their films well, SRK told Dharmendra
- Spielberg's fan letter made Dwayne Johnson 'grin like a kid'
- 'Simpsons' creator Matt Groening sued by nanny for 'discrimination'
- Iggy Azalea slams media for trying to create 'beef' between her, Britney Spears
- 'Minions' filmmakers Chris Renaud wants to cast Chris Pratt as next 'villain'