Paul McCartney postpones US tour dates to recover
Los Angeles: Singing legend Paul McCartney has been forced to delay several first dates of his US tour as he is still recovering from a virus.
The former member of The Beatles announced the postponement and apologized to fans in a statement posted on his website on June 9, reportedly.
"I`m sorry but it`s going to be a few more weeks before we get rocking in America again. I`m feeling great but taking my docs` advice to take it easy for just a few more days. Look forward to seeing you all soon," the veteran singer wrote.
McCartney, 71, was supposed to kick off his US tour on June 14 in Lubbock, TX. The show, along with six other postponed shows, will now take place in October.
Tickets for the original June dates will be honoured for the new dates. The tour will resume as planned on July 5 in Albany, NY.
The singer came down with a virus after he landed in Japan. He subsequently canceled all his shows in the country. He also canceled his scheduled appearance in Korea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- He is back! Irrfan Khan reveals intriguing first look in 'India Ki Khoj' poster - See pic
- Sex or acting - what did Aditya Roy Kapoor choose? Watch video
- Kareena Kapoor, Parineeti Chopra rejected Hrithik Roshan's 'Kaabil'- Here's why
- Does Ganesha really ride a mouse?
- RIP Hanumanthappa Koppad: B-Town mourns brave soldier's death