Paul McCartney`s new album is called `New`
London: Former Beatle Paul McCartney has revealed that his first solo album in six years and its lead-off single are both called ‘New’.
The album, due for release in October, will feature 12 tracks on which Mccartney has worked with new collaborators like producers Paul Epworth and Mark Ronson, who is best known for his work with the late Amy Winehouse and Lady Gaga.
Speaking about the song ‘New’, the 71-year-old McCartney told BBC: "It`s catchy, it`s summery, it`s a love song. I think people will recognise it as definitely me."
He said, "Mark (Ronson)`s work with Amy (Winehouse) was sensational, so I knew he`d be good. He knows his music, he knows what he likes and the two of us together took the song and tried to put the maximum vibe into it.
"We had a lot of fun. He brought expertise, energy, enthusiasm and the odd laugh or two."
The new album will be McCartney`s first record of solo material since 2007`s ‘Memory Almost Full’.
"The record is very varied. I worked with four producers and each of them brought something different," he said.
McCartney said his collaboration with producer Paul Epworth, responsible for Adele`s ‘Skyfall’ theme song, involved "improvisation".
"(He) works completely differently. We went into the studio the first day I ever met him and he outlined (his) idea and said `let`s just make it up`," he said.
"I just started knocking something out on the piano, he started drumming to it, and I stuck a bit of bass on it and we had the basis of the song worked out."
Other producers on the album include Ethan Johns, who has worked with artists like Kings of Leon, and Giles Martin, the son of Sir George Martin, the famous producer of almost all of The Beatles` records.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’ row: Bollywood celebrities slam CBFC decision
- Guardians The Superheroes movie review: Russian replica of 'X-Men' series
- 'Anaarkali of Aaarah' will appeal to all sections: Swara Bhaskar
- Vishal Bharadwaj is very sensitive: Kangana Ranaut
- Worth taking all the risk: Deepika Padukone on 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' success
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt's quirky antics steal the show in 'Aashiq Surrender Hua'
- Akshay Kumar happy with 'Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast' song in 'Machine'!
- Anushka Sharma’s ‘Phillauri’: ‘Whats up’ - first wedding song of this season – Watch
- Maluma to donate Vina del Mar fest paycheque to fire victims
- Arjun Kapoor – Shraddha Kapoor’s ‘Half Girlfriend’ to create record with 18-minute long song!