Paul McCartney surprised at 17th Grammy win
London: Beatles icon Paul McCartney, who got his 17th Grammy for the album `Kisses on the Bottom` this year, said he was "surprised" with the win.
"It came as a big shock to me to know there were 17 to tell you the truth. I don`t keep count, I suppose that`s somewhat flash - people know my figures better than I do," said McCartney.
The 70-year-old won in the best traditional pop vocal album category - his first for a record of new material since his Beatles days.
McCartney said receiving praise from the American awards is always flattering.
"I don`t think a lot of the best musicians in the world got Grammys, it only goes to select few, and so to be one of those for the 17th time is phenomenal," he said.
He was not at hand to accept the award in Los Angeles and rather preferred watching it on TV.
The musician said the moment he and his wife received news of the win via a text message from his manager was "particularly exciting".
"We were watching it on telly, it was like `Oh yeah!`. You can imagine the room went wild," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan, Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt walk the runway for cancer patients
- Oscars 2017: The winners and the diversity
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' filmmaker Damien Chazelle becomes youngest director to win academy
- 'Game Of Thrones' actor Neil Fingleton dies at 36
- Production of 'Jurassic World 2' officially begins
- Arabic version of 'Zaalima' from 'Raees' will make you fall in love! - Watch
- Wiz Khalifa's sister dies at 32
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt's quirky antics steal the show in 'Aashiq Surrender Hua'
- Akshay Kumar happy with 'Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast' song in 'Machine'!
- Anushka Sharma’s ‘Phillauri’: ‘Whats up’ - first wedding song of this season – Watch