Paul McCartney to stage charity gig for Sandy victims
New York: Singer Paul McCartney is putting together a charity show here to raise funds for the victims of hurricane Sandy.
The line-up for the show at Madison Square Garden includes names like The Who, Bruce Springsteen, Kanye West, Alicia Keys and Pink Floyd legend Rooger Waters, reports a website.
"Paul`s connection with New York runs deep - since The Beatles played Shea Stadium in the 1960s. Many of his friends were severely affected by the storm and it didn`t take him long to make his mind up to do something to help out," said a source.
McCartney is known for rising to the occasion in tough situations. He played the final set at Wembley for Live Aid in 1985, and last year he played in Gary Barlow`s Children In Need gig at the Royal Albert Hall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- If I was home, I'd definitely be voting: Priyanka Chopra
- Comedienne Bharti Singh to tie the knot by the end of 2017!
- Men too can incorporate pink in their wardrobe!
- Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif's 'Tiger Zinda Hai' costumes REVEALED?
- Don't bother about what others think of my decision: Anushka Sharma
- Akshay Kumar and Raveena Tandon's popular song all set for a reprised version!
- Justin Bieber's India concert: Sale of tickets to go live on February 22
- Fortunate to get good songs: Arijit Singh
- Diljit, Badshah jamming for something new?
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt enchant us with their beautiful chemistry in ‘Humsafar’