Paul McCartney to stage charity gig for Sandy victims
New York: Singer Paul McCartney is putting together a charity show here to raise funds for the victims of hurricane Sandy.
The line-up for the show at Madison Square Garden includes names like The Who, Bruce Springsteen, Kanye West, Alicia Keys and Pink Floyd legend Rooger Waters, reports a website.
"Paul`s connection with New York runs deep - since The Beatles played Shea Stadium in the 1960s. Many of his friends were severely affected by the storm and it didn`t take him long to make his mind up to do something to help out," said a source.
McCartney is known for rising to the occasion in tough situations. He played the final set at Wembley for Live Aid in 1985, and last year he played in Gary Barlow`s Children In Need gig at the Royal Albert Hall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Good news! Fawad Khan to become daddy dear a second time
- Bhai-Bhai! Shah Rukh Khan CYCLING with Salman Khan will wash away your morning blues
- Planning a monsoon wedding? Here’s a perfect guide for you
- Size 'DOES' matter in bedroom, says new research
- Shocking! Women to swap men for sex robots by 2025
- Urvashi Rautela gives 'Resham Ka Rumaal' a sexy twist in 'Great Grand Masti' – Watch here
- 'Sultan' Salman Khan lends his majestic voice for the title track, impresses again! – Check out
- Zareen Khan, Ali Fazal to feature in T-Series music video
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma team up with India's first transgender band
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' sans songs? Details inside