Paul McCartney to stage charity gig for Sandy victims
New York: Singer Paul McCartney is putting together a charity show here to raise funds for the victims of hurricane Sandy.
The line-up for the show at Madison Square Garden includes names like The Who, Bruce Springsteen, Kanye West, Alicia Keys and Pink Floyd legend Rooger Waters, reports a website.
"Paul`s connection with New York runs deep - since The Beatles played Shea Stadium in the 1960s. Many of his friends were severely affected by the storm and it didn`t take him long to make his mind up to do something to help out," said a source.
McCartney is known for rising to the occasion in tough situations. He played the final set at Wembley for Live Aid in 1985, and last year he played in Gary Barlow`s Children In Need gig at the Royal Albert Hall.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 47: Survival fight continues, inmates stumped by surprise exit!
- Tough times in India: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra on intolerance row
- Response to 'Wazir' trailer makes Bejoy Nambiar 'ecstatic'
- Salman's 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' outraces lifetime earnings of '3 Idiots'
- Bigg Boss: Priya Malik to throw 'pee' on Kishwer in upcoming episode!