Performing on stage is like being a police officer: Kanye West
New York: Rapper Kanye West has compared performing on stage to like being a police officer at work or being in war.
The 36-year-old `Stronger` hitmaker made the analogy during a radio interview with Saturday Night Online, where he talked about his risky stage acts including the one in which he stood on a moving mountain recently, reported New York Daily News.
"I`m just giving of my body on the stage and putting my life at risk, literally. When I think about when I`m on the `Can`t Tell Me Nothing,` and `Coldest Winter` moment, like that mountain goes really, really high," West said.
"And if I slipped... You never know. And I think about it. I think about my family and I`m like, `Wow, this is like being a police officer or something, in war or something,`" he added.
The singer also referred to risks involved with the public and media scrutiny that come along with fame.
"You`re literally going out to do your job every day knowing that something could happen to you. Something could happen to you verbally from the press bashing you; something could happen to you from people not liking you anymore `cause of your records or you could actually slip on that stage," he added.
The rapper is currently engaged to reality TV star Kim Kardashian and they have a daughter together.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'—Celebrate heartbreak ala Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma in 'Channa Mereya' song! Watch now
- 'Rock On!! 2' band member Shraddha Kapoor aka Jiah releases her new single 'Tere Mere Dil'! Watch now
- Zayn Malik shares the reason for quitting One Direction
- VHP, Bajrang Dal seek cancellation of Pakistani singer Shafqat Amanat Ali's concert
- Treat for fans of Carnatic music on Vijayadashami in Dubai