Peter Andre may lose voice due to throat legion
London: Peter Andre may never be able to sing again because of damaged vocal cords.
Doctors have found an abnormal growth in the throat of the Mysterious Girl hit maker.
The 38-year-old singer said he was anxiously waiting to discover whether an operation will save his voice.
If the emergency surgery fails to cure his frog in the throat he will hang up his microphone, devastating his army of fans.
“I’ve got a lesion, which I’m not happy about. I’ve been struggling through but I’m gutted. I don’t want to disappoint my fans,” he told the Daily Star.
“That being there means things are more difficult for me to sing.”
He added: “My critics will say: ‘Your pop career ended ages ago.’ I have had trouble getting my songs played on the radio but I have huge success on the touring side, which is more important. If I end up having an operation I don’t know what will happen.
“It takes six weeks to recover and then we’ll see. I’m going to keep going. I’ll do my best.”
Andre also admitted his dodgy voice ruined his night when he was secretly hired as a wedding singer for Friends star David Schwimmer.
The American star, 44, who renewed his wedding vows to wife Zoe last month, hired Peter to perform at the bash. But his throat was so sore he had to talk through the performance.
“I got there and said to Claire my manager: ‘I don’t know what I’m going to do,” he said.
“So I talked. I sang the verses but couldn’t risk the chorus,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sanjay Dutt to star in 'Bhoomi'! FIRST LOOK out
- Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Kapoor thank Gauri Khan for turning Ranbir's home into house!
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Raees' trailer creates history!
- Dia Mirza joins 'Save the Children' as Artist Ambassador! See Pics
- Deepwater Horizon movie review: Disastrously awful
- Aamir Khan’s ‘Dangal’ title track out and it’s awesome!
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil Hoon Main' song will make you fall in love all over again!
- Hrithik Roshan's new song 'Kaabil Hoon Main' is soft and soothing!
- Aamir Khan has something to say about ‘Dangal’ title track – Watch
- Making of 'Dhaakad Girls' SONG from Aamir Khan's 'Dangal will inspire you!