Pitbull defends spirit of Miami in new song
New Delhi: Rapper Pitbull is very close to his birthplace Miami and has tried to defend it with his latest song – ‘Welcome to dade county’.
The lyrics of the song are "You got money, yeah yeah, that`s sweet. But we are no slimmin`, baby, really eat. You talk Miami, if you talkin` heat. Moral of the story: don`t sh*t where you eat".
Pitbull, 32, says negative comments by some people about his birthplace Miami provoked him to write the song.
"Miami is very close to my heart, hence there is a mention of it in many of my songs. It has given me everything that I have currently and always welcomes everyone with open arms.
"Recently, a lot of things were said that I felt were against the spirit of the city so the song is for all those people," Pitbull said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Popularity of ghazals increasing, says Rekha Bhardwaj
- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5
- Trailer out! 'Sunshine Music Tours and Travels' is the road trip every youth needs – Watch here
- Honoured to help create an image for Indian Railways: Ritu Beri
- United Nation's Global Citizen Festival: Priyanka Chopra talks about humanity and youth- READ
- Taylor Swift snubbed at MTV Video Music Awards nominations!
- Billboard 200 albums chart: Drake's 'Views' remains on top for 11th time
- Will Jennifer Lopez make tunes with Calvin Harris?
- Watch: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra’s desi swag will make you go crazy!
- Singer Shweta Pandit gets married to Italian beau Ivano Fucci