Prince Royce signs contract with Sony
Miami: Prince Royce has signed a contract with Sony Music Entertainment for the launch of his next albums, the label said.
"I`m very excited about this new step in my career, which will help spread my music globally. I chose Sony because we share the same passion and vision about the direction we want to take my music and my career," the 23-year-old singer-songwriter said.
The bachata star reached an agreement last February with his previous record label, Top Stop Music, to settle a legal battle that erupted when the artist decided unilaterally to break their contract.
Once a free agent, the winner of 12 Billboard Latin Music Awards was approached by a number of labels trying to sign him up, but the artist finally went for Sony, which also has such artists as Shakira, Justin Timberlake and Usher in its portfolio.
The artist will launch his first Sony album in Spanish next fall. Later, as stipulated in the contract, he will record his next pop discs in English for Sony`s RCA Records label.
"We are thrilled about the opportunity to work with such a dynamic Latin artist on his first English album," RCA`s CEO, Peter Edge, said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan to come together! No, we are not talking abt a film
- Aamir Khan to lock horns with Sanjay Dutt at Box Office next year
- Gita Jayanti special: Celebrate the birth of Srimad Bhagavad Gita
- Yash and Radhika Pandit's wedding pictures will melt your heart
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Aamir Khan’s ‘Dangal’ title track out and it’s awesome!
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil Hoon Main' song will make you fall in love all over again!
- Hrithik Roshan's new song 'Kaabil Hoon Main' is soft and soothing!
- Aamir Khan has something to say about ‘Dangal’ title track – Watch