Psy lands American Music Award
Los Angeles: South Korean rapper Psy has been given an early 2012 American Music Awards (AMAs). He has been awarded the New Media accolade six days before the red carpet event here.
Psy got overnight fame with his catchy tune "Gangnam Style". The promo for the hit single has become the most popular video in YouTube history and has received more than 717 million views to date since its release in July this year.
His huge online success has now earned him an early AMA prize. He follows the footsteps of previous honorees Karmin, DeStorm and Christina Grimmie, reports contactmusic.
Psy, who shares the same manager as Justin Bieber, will be presented with the award during the pre-show activities and will perform his unique dance moves at the ceremony here itself.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali to compose music for 'Padmavati'
- Janmashtami special—Celebrate Krishna's birth with these top 5 Bollywood tracks!
- Shraddha Kapoor sought to judge music reality TV show?
- Wedding SONG of the year 'Nachde Ne Saare' has Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra dance to glory! Watch
- Song alert! 'Besabriyaan' from Sushant Singh Rajput's 'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story' OUT—Watch