Psy to record with Brian May
Los Angeles: Korean singer-rapper Psy, of ‘Gangnam style’ fame, is set to record a track with singer-musician Brian May.
They are working on a remix of a song, reports contactmusic.com.
May, 65, said: "It turns out he`s a massive Queen fan and he says he`s in the music business because of us, which is always nice to hear."
The rock legend added he was anxious to meet the 35-year-old Korean rapper because of his success with "Gangnam style", the video of which became the most watched in YouTube`s history.
"I was quite nervous to meet him. The guy`s had 1.6 billion views on YouTube. It turns out that he was pretty nervous too. So we just sat there and looked at each other for a while. Then we had a good conversation and it was nice. It was a friendly lunch," he added.
During his teenage days, Psy used to listen to music from iconic band Queen, which saw May team up with iconic vocalist Freddie Mercury, bass player John Deacon and drummer Roger Taylor. He credits them as one of the main reasons he chose to get into the music business.
"If it wasn`t for Queen at Wembley, I wouldn`t be a pop star. When I was growing up I would watch Freddie Mercury with all those fans in the palm of his hand. He is the best," said Psy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’: CBFC refuses certificate; director vows to fight back
- Baahubali 2: Brand new poster unveiled on Maha Shivaratri and its mind-blowing!
- Maha Shivaratri 2017: Film celebrities pay tribute to Lord Shiva
- Fawad Khan looks even more dashing in beefed-up avatar – See PIC
- Rangoon movie Tweet review
- Akshay Kumar happy with 'Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast' song in 'Machine'!
- Anushka Sharma’s ‘Phillauri’: ‘Whats up’ - first wedding song of this season – Watch
- Maluma to donate Vina del Mar fest paycheque to fire victims
- Arjun Kapoor – Shraddha Kapoor’s ‘Half Girlfriend’ to create record with 18-minute long song!
- Justin Bieber India Purpose Tour: Varun Dhawan to attend concert