Pussycat Dolls fined for being too sexy
Melbourne, March 30: American pop and R and B quintet girls group the Pussycat Dolls has been fined USD 3400 for displaying much more than their singing talent during a concert in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, last July.
The group caused quite a stir with a few wardrobe malfunctions, which started off with Carmit Bachar exposing a breast, and Ashley Roberts revealing her private parts after her tiny pair of shorts left little to the imagination.
Absolute Entertainment who were the Promoters for the concert were fined for allowing the group to perform sexually suggestive routines in the strict Muslim country.
The council, which manages the Kuala Lumpur suburb where the event took place, imposed the penalty.
The band was slapped with fine after Malaysia's culture minister Rais Yatim complained that the group's concert featured 'scantily dressed performers' and 'sensuous elements'.
"I believe the way the Pussycat Dolls behaved on stage amounted to gross indecency," News.com.au quoted Yatim, as saying.
According to the country's Muslim laws, a female performer must be dressed from her shoulders to her knees.
Besides this, jumping, shouting or throwing of objects onstage or at the audience are all also banned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rani Mukerji, Aditya Chopra’s first baby expected in January?
- Difference of opinion creates rift between Kangana Ranaut, Vishal Bharadwaj?
- I think we have too many holidays in this country: John Abraham
- HC imposes Rs.10 lakh fine on Ram Gopal Verma for remaking 'Sholay'
- Pamela Anderson's dog 'committed suicide'
- ‘The Voice India’ winner wants to be Salman, Akshay, Ranbir’s voice
- Watch: Taylor Swift, Scott Eastwood's raunchy chemistry in 'Wildest Dreams'
- Kapil Sharma sings for 'Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon'
- Fawad, Alia, Siddharth to croon for `Kapoor and Sons`
- 'Dheere Dheere' reprise: Love song beautifully recreated with Sonam Kapoor, Hrithik Roshan