Raphael thrills fans in Mexico
Mexico City: Spanish singer Raphael took his ‘Mi Gran Noche Tour’ to Mexico City, where more than 9,000 fans joined him for a concert that showed he has not lost a step.
The 69-year-old singer showed the same energy that first helped him make a name for himself in the 1960s.
Raphael opened the show Saturday night at Mexico City`s National Auditorium with ‘Si ha de ser asi’.
He followed that up with ‘Mi gran noche’, the title cut from his latest album, which features 14 of his standards with a new ‘Big Band’ sound.
"Can you believe that being in Mexico once again is really important for me? I remember `67, `68, `69 ... Marvellous to be here again with you," the singer told his fans.
The audience, mostly women in the over 50 age group, gave the singer a warm welcome.
Mexico City is the first stop on a tour that will take Raphael to five other cities in Mexico, as well as the US, Canada and Spain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arjun Kapoor's early birthday celebrations on the sets of 'Half Girlfriend'! Pic inside
- Find out which day of the week is dedicated to which Lord!
- Govinda chose 'The Kapil Sharma show' over 'Comedy Nights Live'—Here's why?
- Want a better life? Practice these 5 habits – Watch video
- IIFA 2016: Salman Khan spilling hotness in brand new hair-cut and elegant suit! – Pic inside
- Like seriously! Kanye West lying naked along with other 11 personalities on his 'Famous' video - Watch
- Throwback pic! Virat Kohli showcases rockstar avatar, raps in AR Rahman's Chennai studio
- Led Zeppelin cleared of plagiarism charges
- Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan laud Shekhar Kapur's daughter's soul-stirring debut song – Watch
- Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline and John Abraham in 'Sau Tarah Ke' making video look HIGH on energy! Watch now