Raphael thrills fans in Mexico
Mexico City: Spanish singer Raphael took his ‘Mi Gran Noche Tour’ to Mexico City, where more than 9,000 fans joined him for a concert that showed he has not lost a step.
The 69-year-old singer showed the same energy that first helped him make a name for himself in the 1960s.
Raphael opened the show Saturday night at Mexico City`s National Auditorium with ‘Si ha de ser asi’.
He followed that up with ‘Mi gran noche’, the title cut from his latest album, which features 14 of his standards with a new ‘Big Band’ sound.
"Can you believe that being in Mexico once again is really important for me? I remember `67, `68, `69 ... Marvellous to be here again with you," the singer told his fans.
The audience, mostly women in the over 50 age group, gave the singer a warm welcome.
Mexico City is the first stop on a tour that will take Raphael to five other cities in Mexico, as well as the US, Canada and Spain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farhan Akhtar to perform at Enchanted Valley Carnival
- Can you caption this PIC for Katrina Kaif? Yes, she's asking for it!
- Pakistani artistes controversy: MNS workers protest outside Karan Johar’s residence
- '31st October' already a landmark for me: Soha Ali Khan
- MNS effect? Pakistani actor Fawad Khan secretly LEAVES India—Deets inside
- Alive Indians band to dedicate performance to Uri attack victims
- Banning artistes gives victory to terrorists: Pakistani musician
- Musical tribute to Jagjit Singh by 'Tum Bin 2' makers
- Watch: Diljit Dosanjh's 'Do You Know' is so addictive you will play it on loop
- Ajay Devgn and Erika Kaar's romance in 'Darkhaast' is pure magic! Watch 'Shivaay' song here