RiRi and Drake dominate MTV VMAs with 5 nominations each
London: Rihanna and her ex-lover Drake led the charge at this year’s MTV Video Music Awards, picking up five nominations each.
The chart-toppers, who were rumoured to have casually dated recently, will battle it out in the ‘Video Of The Year’ category for ‘We Found Love’ and Drake’s ‘Take Care’, which features Rihanna.
They will be competing against Gotye’s ‘Somebody That I Used To Know’, Katy Perry’s ‘Wide Awake’ and M.I.A’s ‘Bad Girls’, the Sun reported.
Shockingly, Lady Gaga wasn’t for a single gong, even though her ‘Marry The Night and You And I’ videos were eligible.
Rihanna is also up for ‘Best Female Video’, ‘Best Pop Video’, ‘Best Choreography’ and ‘Best Visual Effects’, while Drake will be hoping to bag ‘Best Hip-Hop Video’, ‘Best Male Video’, ‘Best Art Direction’ and ‘Best Cinematography’.
The rapper will be going up against his rival Chris Brown for the ‘Best Male Video prize’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistani artiste controversy: Producers thank cinema owners for backing 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release
- No one can make remake of magnum opus 'Mughal-e-Azam', says Randhir Kapoor
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan talks about her relationship with Ranbir Kapoor in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'
- Veteran Punjabi actor Mehar Mittal passes away
- Asking money for casting Pak actors is extortion: Ashoke Pandit on ADHM row
- Classical musicians are not entertainers: Amjad Ali Khan
- Taylor Swift to perform at Formula One concert!
- Arijit Singh's 'Nashe Si Chadh Gayi' from Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer 'Befikre' will leave you tripping
- 'Enormous market for music in India'
- Shah Rukh Khan is our favourite, says British pop rock band 'The Vamps'