Robbie Williams` album named UK`s 1000th number one
London: Singer Robbie Williams` album Swings Both Ways has been named the UK`s official 1000th number one.
The 39-year-old singer, who has approximately 18.6 million UK album sales across his solo career, also has 11 number one albums as independent artist, which is the same figure as musical icon Elvis Presley, reported BBC news.
Williams landmark record comes years after Frank Sinatra`s `Songs for Swingin` Lovers` became the UK`s number on album.
"`I am over the moon that `Swings Both Ways` is Number one! And such an honour to be the 1,000th album in that spot too, following Frank Sinatra who was the first person in that spot and my hero," Williams said.
"Thanks to everyone who bought the record, see you all on the tour next year!," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Britney Spears' son could be the next big DJ: Kevin Federline
- ‘The Voice India’ winner wants to be Salman, Akshay, Ranbir’s voice
- Watch: Taylor Swift, Scott Eastwood's raunchy chemistry in 'Wildest Dreams'
- Kapil Sharma sings for 'Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon'
- Fawad, Alia, Siddharth to croon for `Kapoor and Sons`