Robbie Williams plans solo comeback at Queen’s Diamond Jubilee gig

London: Robbie Williams has been confirmed to perform at the Queen`s Diamond Jubilee concert on June 4, which will also mark his solo comeback.

The singer is scheduled to perform at the landmark June 4 gig outside Buckingham Palace on a bill, which boasts of an amazing line-up of world-class artists including Sir Paul McCartney, Sir Elton John, Sir Tom Jones and Sir Cliff Richard.

The 38-year-old, who went on the road with ‘Take That’ last year, will then embark on a solo UK tour later in the year.

“I am excited to be in London for the celebrations and honoured to be part of this line-up. If this doesn’t get me a knighthood, nothing will!” the Mirror quoted him as saying.

The gig, organised by Williams’ Take That friend Gary Barlow, will have the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and other royals in attendance.

“Getting Robbie is a major catch for the concert – he’s a huge star, and massively popular with fans of all ages,” an insider said.

“This show is going to be the centrepiece of the Queen’s celebrations, and Robbie is a proper showman,” an insider said.

The gig, also featuring JLS and Ed Sheeran, will be broadcast live on BBC1 and Radio 2, and more than a million fans applied for tickets via an online ballot.

ANI

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link

Close