Robin Gibb`s final song `Sydney` to be released in September
London: The final song written and recorded by Bee Gees star Robin Gibb before he died will be released in September.
`Sydney` was produced by the 62-year-old singer prior to his death in May 2012, and will now feature as the final track on a new album titled 50 St Catherine`s Drive, reportedly.
The album has been compiled by Gibb`s widow Dwina and his son RJ, and has been named after the street Gibb was born on in the Isle of Man.
Dwina said that her late husband cried when he wrote the song, and she was also moved to tears when she listened to it for the first time.
"This fragment of song is poignant, wistful, beautiful and unfinished," she said, adding that Gibb wrote `Sydney` late at night and used iPad software to produce it.
"He missed his twin brother Maurice who had passed away, but when he closed his eyes, the three young brothers were back in Sydney, Australia, happy together with their dreams and hopes for the future. Their future creations of course affected the world."
50 St Catherine`s Drive, which features 17 songs, will be released on September 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Never wrote open letter to PM about Dawood: Sunil Grover
- Have to be obsessive to play a character: Shah Rukh Khan
- Hrithik Roshan judges his films with first copy itself
- Honesty, sincerity behind 'Dangal' worked in its favour: Director Nitesh Tiwari
- Bollywood stars praise Yuvraj Singh's incredible century!