Rod Stewart to release new album
Los Angeles: Legendary rocker Rod Stewart is all set to release his new album `Time` in May.
Stewart, 68, who is the latest inductee to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, confirmed the release of his new album recently, reported Ace Showbiz.
"The album is just a good, old-fashioned Rod Stewart album (with) a lot of mandolin and acoustic (guitar) and fiddles and good storytelling, I believe, too," he said.
The forthcoming album is his first recording under Capitol Records after releasing his holiday album `Merry Christmas, Baby` last year on Verve.
The new album is his first set of all-new material since 2001 and the rocker credits long-time collaborator Jim Cregan for inspiring it.
"About a year ago, I was sitting at my house in England, and (Cregan) came around and said, `Come on, let`s try to write a song`.
"And I said, `No, I can`t be bothered. Those days are over.` But we sat down, I started humming a melody and he took it away and sent it back and said, `Listen, this is pretty good,` so I wrote some words for it and ever since then it`s just been flowing like a river."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBFC refuses to certify Prakash Jha's 'Lipstick Under My Burkha'
- Going vegan one of the best decisions I took: Shruti Haasan
- Angelina Jolie may star in 'Maleficent 2'
- Irrfan Khan unveils first look of his banned Bangladeshi film ‘Doob’
- Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt promote 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania' like Dilliwallas!
- Anushka Sharma’s ‘Phillauri’: ‘Whats up’ - first wedding song of this season – Watch
- Maluma to donate Vina del Mar fest paycheque to fire victims
- Arjun Kapoor – Shraddha Kapoor’s ‘Half Girlfriend’ to create record with 18-minute long song!
- Justin Bieber India Purpose Tour: Varun Dhawan to attend concert
- Akshay Kumar and Raveena Tandon's popular song all set for a reprised version!