Rolling Stones cancel show in Australia
London: British rock band The Rolling Stones have announced that they will not perform in Perth, Australia Wednesday. The concert has been cancelled in mourning of Mick Jagger`s fashion designer girlfriend L`Wren Scott.
She was found dead in her Manhattan apartment Monday. She hanged herself to death.
"We regret to announce that The Rolling Stones concert in Perth will not be going ahead as scheduled for Wednesday March 19, 2014," the show`s promoter Frontier Touring posted a message on Facebook.
"Ticket holders are asked to hold on to their tickets until a further update is available. Ticket holders can check frontiertouring.com," the message read further.
A spokesman for Jagger said that the singer was completely shocked and devastated following the news of Scott`s death.
When asked if they were still in a relationship at the time of her death, Jagger replied "of course". Jagger and the Mormon-raised designer had been dating since 2001.
The rock band was in the country for their 14 on Fire six-show stadium tour of Australia, which they announced Dec 4 last year.
Their first concert was scheduled to be at Perth Arena Wednesday night, following shows in Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Expectations soaring high! Beyonce gearing up to perform at 2016 MTV Video Music Awards?
- Salman Khan's 'Being SalMan: The Official Game' is out for you to 'Khelo'
- Arbaaz Khan feels he is more suited for second lead!
- Watch: Sushant Singh Rajput spills romance in 'Kaun Tujhe' from 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Usher announces new album 'Hard II Love'
- Rumoured girlfriend Iulia Vantur to croon Salman Khan's 'Main Hoon Hero Tera'?
- Dwayne Bravo all set to make singing debut in Bollywood! - Details inside
- Vishal-Shekhar, UK-based band collaborate for 'Beliya'