Salma Hayek’s plans to star in Broadway musical ruined by stage fright
London: Salma Hayek has revealed that she backed out of her plan to star in a Broadway musical after suffering crippling bouts of stage fright.
The 46-year-old Mexican actress, who had once signed up to star in a New York stage show, had to quit after failing to overcome stage fear.
“I have really bad stage fright. There have been a couple of times where I’ve said yes to stage projects but when we’ve got a little closer I couldn’t,” the Daily Express quoted Hayek as telling the London Evening Standard.
“Even when I’m speaking it’s severe, not just like little nerves. I almost did a musical on Broadway, but I just couldn’t. It would have been the worst musical ever,” she said.
The actress asserted Hayek admitted that she doesn’t suffer the same nerves when she is shooting a film, but is convinced a stint on stage in London’s West End may cure her.
“I don’t get nervous in front of the camera. I have my routines and get very focused and feel very comfortable. But I can’t take (to) the stage with all those people expecting something great of me,” Hayek said.
“I think the only way I can overcome my stage fright would be here in London. I cured my phobia of snakes in (1996 movie) From Dusk till Dawn. But the fear of the audience looking at me – that’s a whole other thing,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra wishes to grow up like her grandmother
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan gets miffed with paparazzi for hurting daughter Aaradhya – Watch video
- Sweet! Is this how Ranbir Kapoor trying to win Katrina Kaif back?
- Maharashtra Governor applauds Juhi Chawla, Shabana Azmi's 'Chalk N Duster'
- Shah Rukh Khan fined Rs 1.93 lakh for illegal ramp outside 'Mannat'