Shakira taking legal action against former employees
Los Angeles: Colombian superstar Shakira is suing two former employees over allegations of extortion and defamation.
The 35-year-old `Hips Don`t Lie` hitmaker claims the ex-workers threatened to release details about her private life if she didn`t hand over USD 500,000, reported OK magazine online.
The staffers, who had worked for the singer for 11 years, were recently fired for undisclosed reasons.
Shakira`s lawyer, Exequiel A Camerini, said, "There is clear evidence of intentions to defame and cause harm to my client by taking advantage of her public persona and spotless personal reputation in exchange for money."
It is not known exactly what the former employees planned to leak about Shakira.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- He has to forgive me someday: Arijit Singh on row with Salman Khan
- Panchmukhi Hanuman – Know significance and reasons to pray Him!
- Kapil Sharma invites you to unlimited fun with Mika Singh and Chris Gayle at 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!
- Too funny! You can't miss this latest song 'Fake Ishq' from Akshay Kumar's 'Housefull 3' – Watch
- Was intimidated by Amit Trivedi: 'Baby Doll' singer Kanika Kapoor
- Like things to be poetic in music, says Rabbi Shergill
- Sonal Chauhan, Ankit Tiwari's new song video 'Badtameez' is must watch for every heartbroken lover!
- New song 'Da Da Dasse' from 'Udta Punjab' is thoroughly intoxicating – Watch here