Shakira taking legal action against former employees
Los Angeles: Colombian superstar Shakira is suing two former employees over allegations of extortion and defamation.
The 35-year-old `Hips Don`t Lie` hitmaker claims the ex-workers threatened to release details about her private life if she didn`t hand over USD 500,000, reported OK magazine online.
The staffers, who had worked for the singer for 11 years, were recently fired for undisclosed reasons.
Shakira`s lawyer, Exequiel A Camerini, said, "There is clear evidence of intentions to defame and cause harm to my client by taking advantage of her public persona and spotless personal reputation in exchange for money."
It is not known exactly what the former employees planned to leak about Shakira.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Taylor Swift's fiercely loyal: Karlie Kloss
- Ed Sheeran may take year off
- Famed Detroit jazz trumpeter Marcus Belgrave dies at 78
- French immigration thriller bags Cannes Palme d'Or
- Rooney Mara, Emmanuelle Bercot share Cannes best actress award
- Feel sad to not see KKR at Eden: Shah Rukh Khan
- Anushka Sharma feels 'terrible' on being sick, misses fun with DDD boys
- Anil Kapoor, Ranveer Singh cheer for MI, Farhan Akhtar wants to catch a sixer
- Anushka Sharma has evolved as an actor, person: Ranveer Singh
- Haryana to set up three museums
- 'Mohenjodaro' wraps up 101 days of shoot in Bhuj
- Rebel Wilson sparks Mickey Gooch Jr dating rumors
- Emma Stone, Andrew Garfield hold hands post split
- Bradley Cooper, Irina Shayk getting serious?
- I was on my knees for 28 minutes to propose Amal: Clooney
- I fell for my boyfriend Justin Long on Instagram: Seyfried
- I want my husband to see me strong: Celine Dion
- Bieber goes hiking with model Jayde Pierce
- Irina Shayk dumped Cristiano Ronaldo for cheating on her
- Geri Halliwell marries F1 boss Christian Horner
- Ian and Nikki's wedding was beautiful: Nina Dobrev
- David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson share kiss at music gig
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- PM Modi to address rally in Mathura, may announce one rank one pension scheme implementation
- Kejriwal to hold 'Jan Sabha' to mark 100 days of AAP govt, may demand full statehood for Delhi