Shakira taking legal action against former employees
Los Angeles: Colombian superstar Shakira is suing two former employees over allegations of extortion and defamation.
The 35-year-old `Hips Don`t Lie` hitmaker claims the ex-workers threatened to release details about her private life if she didn`t hand over USD 500,000, reported OK magazine online.
The staffers, who had worked for the singer for 11 years, were recently fired for undisclosed reasons.
Shakira`s lawyer, Exequiel A Camerini, said, "There is clear evidence of intentions to defame and cause harm to my client by taking advantage of her public persona and spotless personal reputation in exchange for money."
It is not known exactly what the former employees planned to leak about Shakira.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rishi Kapoor says he was born with silver spoon but had 'different' struggles
- Salman Khan acquitted in Arms Act case; court exonerates actor due to lack of evidence
- Bharti Singh - Haarsh Limbhachiyaa had a Roka ceremony?
- Pakistani cinemas gear up to embrace Bollywood again?
- Aamir Khan interested in Hollywood? Here's the truth
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aditya Roy Kapoor and Hrithik Roshan revisit evergreen hits – Here’s how
- David Guetta concert: Mumbai, Delhi gig rescheduled to January 15
- Musical tribute to Kaifi Azmi on 98th birth anniversary
- David Guetta's Mumbai concert cancelled – Here's why
- Hrithik Roshan and Yami Gautam's chemistry spills love all over in 'Kisi Se Pyar Ho Jaye' from 'Kaabil'