Singer James Arthur leaves Simon Cowell`s label
London: Singer James Arthur has confirmed that he is no longer signed to Simon Cowell`s record label Syco.
It was first reported in April that the label had dropped the former 26-year-old `X Factor` winner, but Arthur has denied any split before now, reportedly.
"Just to clear things up - I am no longer with Syco. I would like to thank all at the label for making a great record with me," Arthur tweeted.
"I now have to move on and do something different - the future is bright! #LOVE." The singer had reiterated at the end of May that he was unaware of any split with the label.
Controversies surrounding the star have included the use of homophobic lyrics in a rap. Cowell has previously said that Arthur should "shut up and just put the records out".
Arthur made one self-titled album with Syco, reaching number two in the UK album charts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did Mika 'steal' song from Salman Khan?
- Shows going great for 1D after Zayn Malik exit: Styles
- Salman plays down row over use of "Bhar Do Jholi" song in Bajrangi Bhaijaan
- Watch: Salman Khan, Kareena's Eid bonanza in 'Aaj Ki Party' from 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'!
- Amy Winehouse's 'Rehab' was cry for help: Asif Kapadia