Singer James Arthur leaves Simon Cowell`s label
London: Singer James Arthur has confirmed that he is no longer signed to Simon Cowell`s record label Syco.
It was first reported in April that the label had dropped the former 26-year-old `X Factor` winner, but Arthur has denied any split before now, reportedly.
"Just to clear things up - I am no longer with Syco. I would like to thank all at the label for making a great record with me," Arthur tweeted.
"I now have to move on and do something different - the future is bright! #LOVE." The singer had reiterated at the end of May that he was unaware of any split with the label.
Controversies surrounding the star have included the use of homophobic lyrics in a rap. Cowell has previously said that Arthur should "shut up and just put the records out".
Arthur made one self-titled album with Syco, reaching number two in the UK album charts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Date issues keep away Katrina Kaif from doing film for Salman Khan
- Photo album: Bipasha Basu's mehendi ceremony was a starry affair!
- You can no longer bully Alia Bhatt - Here's why
- ‘Bride’ Bipasha Basu’s father blesses her in traditional Bengali style – See Pic
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Aditya Pancholi’s reaction on being asked about Adhyayan Suman is shocking
- Watch: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Punjabi swag in 'Tung Luk' from 'Sarbjit' will win your heart
- Ghulam Ali, Pt Jasraj perform on Sankat Mochan Sangeet Samaroh
- Armaan Malik honoured with Dadasaheb Phalke award!
- 'Me and Mrs Jones' singer Billy Paul no more
- Watch: Akshay Kumar, Abhishek Bachchan, Riteish Deshmukh woo the ladies in 'Pyar Ki' song from 'Housefull3'!