Singer James Arthur leaves Simon Cowell`s label
London: Singer James Arthur has confirmed that he is no longer signed to Simon Cowell`s record label Syco.
It was first reported in April that the label had dropped the former 26-year-old `X Factor` winner, but Arthur has denied any split before now, reportedly.
"Just to clear things up - I am no longer with Syco. I would like to thank all at the label for making a great record with me," Arthur tweeted.
"I now have to move on and do something different - the future is bright! #LOVE." The singer had reiterated at the end of May that he was unaware of any split with the label.
Controversies surrounding the star have included the use of homophobic lyrics in a rap. Cowell has previously said that Arthur should "shut up and just put the records out".
Arthur made one self-titled album with Syco, reaching number two in the UK album charts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' declared tax-free in Madhya Pradesh
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Donald Trump was obsessed with me: Kristen Stewart on his old tweet about her
- Priyanka Chopra thanks 'Quantico' team for People's Choice Award!
- Akshay Kumar, Huma Qureshi's 'Go Pagal' song making video is a must watch!
- Akshay Kumar turns a 'Jolly good fellow' in this new promotional music video!
- Shahid Kapoor and Kangana Ranaut's brilliant chemistry in 'Yeh Ishq Hai' song from 'Rangoon' is a must WATCH!
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aditya Roy Kapoor and Hrithik Roshan revisit evergreen hits – Here’s how
- David Guetta concert: Mumbai, Delhi gig rescheduled to January 15