Singer Kenny Rogers set to be inducted into Country Hall of Fame
London: American singer Kenny Rogers has said that he is "very excited" to learn that he has been selected to be inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville.
"I think it`s so cool," the BBC quoted him as saying in a personal message posted on video sharing site YouTube.
The 74-year-old performer said that he is glad that it happened before he died.
Singer Bobby Bare and producer `Cowboy` Jack Clement are also going to be inducted into the Hall of Fame at a ceremony later this year.
The new inductees will bring the membership of the Hall of Fame, founded in 1961, to 121.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tough times in India: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra on intolerance row
- Response to 'Wazir' trailer makes Bejoy Nambiar 'ecstatic'
- Salman's 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' outraces lifetime earnings of '3 Idiots'
- Bigg Boss: Priya Malik to throw 'pee' on Kishwer in upcoming episode!
- We're going back to dark ages: Emraan Hashmi on film censorship