Singer Kenny Rogers set to be inducted into Country Hall of Fame
London: American singer Kenny Rogers has said that he is "very excited" to learn that he has been selected to be inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville.
"I think it`s so cool," the BBC quoted him as saying in a personal message posted on video sharing site YouTube.
The 74-year-old performer said that he is glad that it happened before he died.
Singer Bobby Bare and producer `Cowboy` Jack Clement are also going to be inducted into the Hall of Fame at a ceremony later this year.
The new inductees will bring the membership of the Hall of Fame, founded in 1961, to 121.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Ranveer Singh – Vaani Kapoor entertaintain contestants; Elena Kazan gets evicted
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- It’s out! Aditya Chopra’s favourite song from ‘Befikre’
- Alia Bhatt's 'Let's Break Up' song from 'Dear Zindagi' is like a therapy!
- Maharashtra CM’s wife Amruta Fadnavis to feature in a music video with Amitabh Bachchan