Sir Elton, Allen and Sting honoured at BMI song-writing awards
London: Sir Elton John, Lily Allen and Sting have been honoured for their song writing skills at an award ceremony held by the Broadcast Music, Inc (BMI).
Sting was handed an award for scoring more than 10 million plays of his The Police hit ‘Every Breath You Take’ on US radio and Allen`s track ‘The Fear’ was also recognised as a favourite on the airwaves in the US, reports The Daily Express.
Sir Elton and his song writing partner Bernie Taupin were honoured for their hits ‘Your Song’ and ‘Crocodile Rock’, which have received a massive 14 million plays on the radio in America.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did you know how many alcohol bottles Nawazuddin Siddiqui crush in 'Raees' trailer?
- All you want to know about Pradosh Vrat!
- All I ever wanted to be was an entertainer, says Ranveer Singh
- 'Befikre' box office report, day 2: Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer continues to impress audience
- Amitabh Bachchan starrer '102 Not Out' to go on floors next year!
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Aamir Khan’s ‘Dangal’ title track out and it’s awesome!
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil Hoon Main' song will make you fall in love all over again!
- Hrithik Roshan's new song 'Kaabil Hoon Main' is soft and soothing!
- Aamir Khan has something to say about ‘Dangal’ title track – Watch