Sir Paul McCartney kick-starts Brazil tour with unperformed `Beatles` tracks
London: Sir Paul McCartney has for the first time ever given his live performance of a selection of classic Beatles tracks at the opening night of his world tour in Brazil.
The 70-year-old singer rocked the occasion with tracks such as `Your Mother Should Know` and `Lovely Rita` on the first night of his `Out There` tour in the city of Belo Horizonte, the BBC reported.
Many of the Beatles tracks that he sang were never performed live, after the band had stopped performing in tours from the year 1966.
The show also saw Beatles` tracks `Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite` and `All Together Now` given their first live version.
McCartney also sang `Eight Days A Week`, a track the Beatles played just once in 1965.
The show was attended by 55,000 fans and saw the veteran star performing solo acoustic versions of `Blackbird` and `Here Today` on a platform some 20ft above the stage.
The tour will also include US, Canada, Italy, Austria and Poland.
McCartney would play three concerts in Brazil this week and would leave for Florida in the US in the middle of May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in 18-year-old chinkara poaching cases
- 'Dishoom' to get shield against piracy
- Bikini pictures of ‘DJ Wale Babu’ sensation Natasa Stankovic will make your heart skip a beat!
- Guess who? THIS Hollywood celebrity wants to do a film with Shah Rukh Khan
- Sonam Kapoor's look in next film mix of high-end fashion, ethnic
- 'Happy Bhag Jayegi': 'Aashiq Tera' track highlights the love triangle between Diana Penty, Abhay Deol, Ali Fazal—Watch video
- Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde drench in colours of old-age romance in 'Sarsariya' from 'Mohenjo Daro'!
- Watch 'Kala Chashma' teaser: Check out Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra's desi swag
- Ayushmann Khurrana rocks Seattle with his moonwalk, singing! Watch video
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track