Sir Paul McCartney kick-starts Brazil tour with unperformed `Beatles` tracks
London: Sir Paul McCartney has for the first time ever given his live performance of a selection of classic Beatles tracks at the opening night of his world tour in Brazil.
The 70-year-old singer rocked the occasion with tracks such as `Your Mother Should Know` and `Lovely Rita` on the first night of his `Out There` tour in the city of Belo Horizonte, the BBC reported.
Many of the Beatles tracks that he sang were never performed live, after the band had stopped performing in tours from the year 1966.
The show also saw Beatles` tracks `Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite` and `All Together Now` given their first live version.
McCartney also sang `Eight Days A Week`, a track the Beatles played just once in 1965.
The show was attended by 55,000 fans and saw the veteran star performing solo acoustic versions of `Blackbird` and `Here Today` on a platform some 20ft above the stage.
The tour will also include US, Canada, Italy, Austria and Poland.
McCartney would play three concerts in Brazil this week and would leave for Florida in the US in the middle of May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meaning, Rashi and Nakshatra of 10 unique baby boy names inspired by Lord Ganesha
- Tiger Shroff, Shraddha Kapoor's 'Baaghi' crosses Rs 50 cr mark!
- 50 Cent apologises after mocking autistic airport janitor
- Zarina Wahab slams false reports of her leaving Aditya Pancholi's house—Details inside!
- Deepika Padukone shares fan videos—Watch here!
- Hrithik Roshan joins hand with transgender band for a cause
- Hrithik Roshan shares video where Katrina Kaif is singing! Watch it now
- Kesha legal battle: Singer releases her single post clash!
- Watch: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Punjabi swag in 'Tung Luk' from 'Sarbjit' will win your heart
- Ghulam Ali, Pt Jasraj perform on Sankat Mochan Sangeet Samaroh