Smith’s family to sue Opera House for ‘sleazy’ opera?
London: Late model Anna Nicole Smith’s family are considering taking legal action against the Royal Opera House over a production on the model’s tragic life, which has been termed as “sleazy”.
Larry Birkhead, the father of Smith’s daughter Dannielyn, dismissed the production from the high regarded opera company as “sleazy” and said that the late actress’ Estate may sue.
The opera, which is about Smith’s life, debuted at the Royal Opera House in London this week and featured a large-chested woman who resembles the star.
According to TMZ.com, Birkhead said that the show’s producers never sought permission from Smith’s estate or him, and they did not offer them an advance screening.
“This is an opera many people have had their doubts about but we are here to create operatic history, to be doing new things, to be moving the art form forward,” a daily quoted Elaine Padmore, director of opera at the company, as saying.
“The creation of new operas has slowed down enormously. But we feel it’s terribly important that it continues,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Trivedi's father passes away, friends Vishal-Shekhar step in for him at Bollywood Music Project
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'—Celebrate heartbreak ala Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma in 'Channa Mereya' song! Watch now
- 'Rock On!! 2' band member Shraddha Kapoor aka Jiah releases her new single 'Tere Mere Dil'! Watch now
- Zayn Malik shares the reason for quitting One Direction
- VHP, Bajrang Dal seek cancellation of Pakistani singer Shafqat Amanat Ali's concert