Smith’s family to sue Opera House for ‘sleazy’ opera?
London: Late model Anna Nicole Smith’s family are considering taking legal action against the Royal Opera House over a production on the model’s tragic life, which has been termed as “sleazy”.
Larry Birkhead, the father of Smith’s daughter Dannielyn, dismissed the production from the high regarded opera company as “sleazy” and said that the late actress’ Estate may sue.
The opera, which is about Smith’s life, debuted at the Royal Opera House in London this week and featured a large-chested woman who resembles the star.
According to TMZ.com, Birkhead said that the show’s producers never sought permission from Smith’s estate or him, and they did not offer them an advance screening.
“This is an opera many people have had their doubts about but we are here to create operatic history, to be doing new things, to be moving the art form forward,” a daily quoted Elaine Padmore, director of opera at the company, as saying.
“The creation of new operas has slowed down enormously. But we feel it’s terribly important that it continues,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Tiger Shroff, alleged girlfriend Disha Patani's sizzling chemistry is unmissable in 'Befikra'!
- Awards are an inspiration to work harder: Amaal Mallik
- Watch: Salman Khan's 'Sultan' title track packs quite a punch!
- Ankit Tiwari moves ahead with music
- Like seriously! Kanye West lying naked along with other 11 personalities in his 'Famous' video - Watch