Spice Girls rock at Olympics` closing ceremony
London: The Spice Girls reuniting to perform at the closing ceremony for the London 2012 Olympic Games was not really a secret. They regaled the audiences by singing two hits from their whirlwind two-album career in the late 1990s and early 2000s.
Victoria Beckham, Emma Bunton, Geri Halliwell, Melanie Chisholm and Melanie Brown -- aka Posh Spice, Baby Spice, Ginger Spice, Sporty Spice and Scary Spice -- sang "Wannabe" and "Spice Up Your Life" riding around the Olympic Stadium atop black London taxi cabs, reports a news channel.
The famous group performed together Sunday night after four years, though earlier this year the quintet had talked about their musical "Viva Forever" -- based on their songs -- that is to be launched this fall in London.
Victoria also appeared at the closing ceremony when one of her designs were part of the British fashion show.
She tweeted a photo of the "Girl Power" group posing together with a teaser: "Tell us: What did you think of the Spice Girls` performance?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Katrina Kaif, Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt and others dazzle at Hello! Hall Of Fame awards—SEE PICS
- Priyanka Chopra starrer 'Quantico' set for a season 3?
- Arbaaz Khan accepts DATING a Romanian beauty, feels there's a long way to go!
- Brad Pitt joined Angelina Jolie, kids on Cambodia trip
- Haseena FRESH STILL! Shraddha Kapoor's fierce act and brother Siddhant's Dawood avatar will surprise you
- Parineeti Chopra makes spectacular singing debut with 'Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahin' from 'Meri Pyaari Bindu'! - Watch
- ‘Baahubali 2’ songs out! Check out the Jukebox here
- Vidya Balan's 'Begum Jaan': 'Prem Mein Tohre' by Asha Bhosle highlights Anu Malik's musical brilliance
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!