Spice Girls rock at Olympics` closing ceremony
London: The Spice Girls reuniting to perform at the closing ceremony for the London 2012 Olympic Games was not really a secret. They regaled the audiences by singing two hits from their whirlwind two-album career in the late 1990s and early 2000s.
Victoria Beckham, Emma Bunton, Geri Halliwell, Melanie Chisholm and Melanie Brown -- aka Posh Spice, Baby Spice, Ginger Spice, Sporty Spice and Scary Spice -- sang "Wannabe" and "Spice Up Your Life" riding around the Olympic Stadium atop black London taxi cabs, reports a news channel.
The famous group performed together Sunday night after four years, though earlier this year the quintet had talked about their musical "Viva Forever" -- based on their songs -- that is to be launched this fall in London.
Victoria also appeared at the closing ceremony when one of her designs were part of the British fashion show.
She tweeted a photo of the "Girl Power" group posing together with a teaser: "Tell us: What did you think of the Spice Girls` performance?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jayalalithaa death: Telugu stars mourn Amma's loss!
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan becomes a showstopper at Manish Malhotra's birthday bash!
- Zaheer Khan and Sagarika Ghatge – Five photos of the rumoured couple
- Katrina Kaif presses for gender equality at UN Women event!
- Parineeti Chopra, Shraddha Kapoor turn black beauties and we can't stop gushing over it!
- Making of 'Dhaakad Girls' SONG from Aamir Khan's 'Dangal will inspire you!
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- It’s out! Aditya Chopra’s favourite song from ‘Befikre’
- Alia Bhatt's 'Let's Break Up' song from 'Dear Zindagi' is like a therapy!