Spice Girls tours gave Mel C mental trouble
Los Angeles: Singer Melanie Chisholm, popular as Mel C, says touring with the Spice Girls gave her mental pressure, leading to weight loss. She admits she had to struggle to regain her body`s natural rhythm.
The 38-year-old claims performing around the globe contributed to her troubled mental state, which led to her petite size eight frame to a tiny size six, reports contactmusic.com.
"Depriving my body of essential nutrients and getting very little sleep touring with the Spice Girls tipped me over the edge mentally," she told Closer magazine.
"Doctors diagnosed me with depression, but I was very much in denial about it. It took 18 months of counselling and acupuncture to get better," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Supreme Court directs actor Rajpal Yadav to undergo 6-day jail term
- Arjun Rampal cannot get enough of Sidharth Malhotra-Katrina Kaif's 'Kala Chashma'
- Mahesh Babu gears up for next with AR Murugadoss
- Official Prince tribute concert set for October in Minnesota
- Tabla maestro Pt Lacchu Maharaj dies in Varanasi
- Beyonce to perform at MTV Video Music Awards 2016?
- Watch: Tiger Shroff - Jacqueline Fernandez’s fairytale romance in visually captivating song ‘Toota Jo Kabhi Tara’ from ‘A Flying Jatt’
- Taylor Swift snubbed at MTV Video Music Awards nominations!