Stadium tour can spin gold for One Direction
London: British band One Direction can reportedly earn millions from their 2014 stadium tour "Where We Are Tour" as the tickets are already sold out.
Tickets went on sale May 25 and with demand so high extra dates were added within 30 minutes, reports mirror.co.uk.
According to Chris Edmonds, chairman of Ticketmaster Britain, at one point "200,000 fans had been left waiting in a virtual queue".
"If it had been a real one, it would have stretched from Wembley Stadium round the M25," he added.
The band comprising of Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson and Niall Horan, has a huge fan following and have been one of the most successful British bands.
"And this doesn’t take into account album and DVD sales. It is going to be yet another very profitable year for One Direction," a source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alive Indians band to dedicate performance to Uri attack victims
- Banning artistes gives victory to terrorists: Pakistani musician
- Musical tribute to Jagjit Singh by 'Tum Bin 2' makers
- Watch: Diljit Dosanjh's 'Do You Know' is so addictive you will play it on loop
- Ajay Devgn and Erika Kaar's romance in 'Darkhaast' is pure magic! Watch 'Shivaay' song here