Stadium tour can spin gold for One Direction
London: British band One Direction can reportedly earn millions from their 2014 stadium tour "Where We Are Tour" as the tickets are already sold out.
Tickets went on sale May 25 and with demand so high extra dates were added within 30 minutes, reports mirror.co.uk.
According to Chris Edmonds, chairman of Ticketmaster Britain, at one point "200,000 fans had been left waiting in a virtual queue".
"If it had been a real one, it would have stretched from Wembley Stadium round the M25," he added.
The band comprising of Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson and Niall Horan, has a huge fan following and have been one of the most successful British bands.
"And this doesn’t take into account album and DVD sales. It is going to be yet another very profitable year for One Direction," a source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Misha is our first 'project' together, says Shahid Kapoor!
- Huma Qureshi's 'Dobaara' to release on May 19
- Beauty and the Beast: First week Box Office collection of Emma Watson starrer out!
- Karan Johar records song for Shekhar Ravjiani, looks forward to long innings as playback singer!
- Deepika Padukone finds 'Padmavati' challenging!
- Vidya Balan's 'Begum Jaan': 'Prem Mein Tohre' by Asha Bhosle highlights Anu Malik's musical brilliance
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!
- Noor: Sonakshi Sinha lets her hair down, teases video of song 'Gulabi 2.0'
- Every film with AR Rahman is special journey, says Mani Ratnam