‘Take That’ beats Springsteen’s ‘highest grossing concert’ record
London: Pop band ‘Take That’ has broken the record of the highest grossing concert, which had been held by Bruce Springsteen for the last eight years.
The group reunited with former member Robbie Williams in 2010 and set off on a tour together this summer, which included eight gigs at London’s Wembley Stadium, reports the Daily Star.
The concerts, which ran from 30 June until 9 July, grossed a massive 38 million pounds with an attendance of 623,737, shattering the previous record of Springsteen known as ‘The Boss’.
The Boss’s 10-gig run at New Jersey’s Giants Stadium in 2003 made 24 million pounds and drew 566,560 spectators, according to Billboard.com.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dennis Quaid's wife files divorce again
- 'Rock On 2': Arjun Rampal clears air about spat with Purab Kohli, says it's 'fake news'!
- Salman Khan failed to recognise Sushant Singh Rajput! - Details inside
- 'Star Trek Beyond' to hit Indian screens on July 22!
- '4 am airport spotting', Neha Dhupia slays in Sepia!-- See pic
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma team up with India's first transgender band
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' sans songs? Details inside
- Watch: Tiger Shroff, alleged girlfriend Disha Patani's sizzling chemistry is unmissable in 'Befikra'!
- Awards are an inspiration to work harder: Amaal Mallik
- Watch: Salman Khan's 'Sultan' title track packs quite a punch!