‘Take That’ beats Springsteen’s ‘highest grossing concert’ record
London: Pop band ‘Take That’ has broken the record of the highest grossing concert, which had been held by Bruce Springsteen for the last eight years.
The group reunited with former member Robbie Williams in 2010 and set off on a tour together this summer, which included eight gigs at London’s Wembley Stadium, reports the Daily Star.
The concerts, which ran from 30 June until 9 July, grossed a massive 38 million pounds with an attendance of 623,737, shattering the previous record of Springsteen known as ‘The Boss’.
The Boss’s 10-gig run at New Jersey’s Giants Stadium in 2003 made 24 million pounds and drew 566,560 spectators, according to Billboard.com.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'—Celebrate heartbreak ala Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma in 'Channa Mereya' song! Watch now
- 'Rock On!! 2' band member Shraddha Kapoor aka Jiah releases her new single 'Tere Mere Dil'! Watch now
- Zayn Malik shares the reason for quitting One Direction
- VHP, Bajrang Dal seek cancellation of Pakistani singer Shafqat Amanat Ali's concert
- Treat for fans of Carnatic music on Vijayadashami in Dubai