Taylor Swift invites cancer patient to ACM Awards
Los Angeles: In yet another step in her apparent bid for sainthood, country music superstar Taylor Swift has invited 18-year-old leukemia patient Kevin McGuire to be her date to the Academy of Country Music Awards in April.
The invitation grew from a Facebook campaign launched by MacGuire`s sister, Victoria, who started up the Facebook page "Taylor Swift take KEVIN McGUIRE TO PROM!" to persuade the "Mean" songbird to attend McGuire`s prom at Sterling High School prom in Somerdale, N.J.
"Kevin is the kindest, most noble 18 year old a person could even fathom meeting," Tori wrote on the site, "and throughout his ups and downs Kevin never even questioned `why me?` Nothing, and I mean NOTHING brightens Kevin`s day more than Taylor Swift."
Swift was unable to take up Victoria`s invitation, but she went one better and invited him to the ACM Awards, which take place on April 1 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
"Kevin, I`m so sorry but I won`t be able to make it to your prom," Swift posted to the Facebook page Friday. "But I was wondering, the ACM Awards are coming up. Would you be my date? Love, Taylor".
Swift is nominated for multiple ACM Awards this year, including Entertainer of the Year and Female Vocalist of the Year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan becomes a showstopper at Manish Malhotra's birthday bash!
- Zaheer Khan and Sagarika Ghatge – Five photos of the rumoured couple
- Katrina Kaif presses for gender equality at UN Women event!
- Parineeti Chopra, Shraddha Kapoor turn black beauties and we can't stop gushing over it!
- ‘Voice of India’ season 2: This singer will leave judges spellbound – WATCH teaser
- Making of 'Dhaakad Girls' SONG from Aamir Khan's 'Dangal will inspire you!
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- It’s out! Aditya Chopra’s favourite song from ‘Befikre’
- Alia Bhatt's 'Let's Break Up' song from 'Dear Zindagi' is like a therapy!