Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber big winners at Billboard Music Awards
Washington: Pop stars Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift won the big prizes on Sunday at the Billboard Music Awards.
Bieber, who was named top male artist, also performed at the show at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Contactmusic reported.
He also took home Billboard`s first Milestone Award, chosen by fans, for musical innovation and ingenuity.
The teen heartthrob has had a rough few months, with scathing reports about his bad behaviour on his ongoing world tour. He also took the opportunity to address the controversy.
"I`m 19-years-old and I think I`m doing a pretty good job," Justin proclaimed.
"And basically from my heart I really just want to say it should really be about the music, it should be about the craft that I`m making.
"This is not a gimmick," he continued, adding, "I`m an artist and I should be taken seriously and all this other bull should not be spoken of."
Swift won the top award of the night, artist of the year. She thanked her fans by telling them: "You are the longest and best relationship I`ve ever had."
Pop diva Madonna was named top touring artist for her "MDNA Tour," 2012`s highest-grossing concert series.
Gotye and Rihanna followed with four awards each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar and Raveena Tandon's popular song all set for a reprised version!
- Justin Bieber's India concert: Sale of tickets to go live on February 22
- Fortunate to get good songs: Arijit Singh
- Diljit, Badshah jamming for something new?
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt enchant us with their beautiful chemistry in ‘Humsafar’