Taylor Swift`s biggest fan contest cancelled
Los Angeles: A contest for Taylor Swift`s fan was arranged by Boston`s Kiss FM, but it got cancelled Thursday after it was revealed that a 39-year-old man won the grand title.
The radio station updated its contest page with a statement clarifying the reasoning for their decision, reports eonline.com.
"Disappointingly, we have determined that the integrity of the `Taylor Swift`s Biggest Fan` contest has been compromised. In accordance with our contest rules, effective immediately, the contest has been terminated. We apologise to all of our loyal listeners who have participated," read the statement.
A week ago, the fan, whose name is Charles, shot up to the number 1 spot after his picture ended up on numerous websites asking for its anonymous users to help him meet the 23-year-old singer.
The grand prize of the contest was slated to be two free tickets to one of her concerts and a backstage meet-and-greet with the singer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vaani Kapoor spreads 'Befikre' magic on Hrithik Roshan!
- 'Jurassic World' sequel to be bigger, grander, says Glen McIntosh
- Gauri Khan chills with youngest son AbRam in Barcelona!
- Esha Gupta named Goodwill Ambassador for 'touching little heart'
- Amitabh Bachchan celebrates 35th anniversary of 'Yaarana', shares 'amazing memories'
- Classical musicians are not entertainers: Amjad Ali Khan
- Taylor Swift to perform at Formula One concert!
- Arijit Singh's 'Nashe Si Chadh Gayi' from Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer 'Befikre' will leave you tripping
- 'Enormous market for music in India'
- Shah Rukh Khan is our favourite, says British pop rock band 'The Vamps'