Taylor Swift`s musical tribute to Paul Potts
London: Country star Taylor Swift has paid tribute to British opera singer Paul Potts by writing a song in his honour.
Swift, 23, was so moved by Potts` musical journey from amateur singer to superstar via TV show Britain`s Got Talent in 2007 that she decided to pen a new track about it, reported Contactmusic.
Swift has contributed the song to the soundtrack of a biopic about Potts, called `One Chance`s`, and film producer Harvey Weinstein credits music mogul Simon Cowell with getting the `Love Story` hitmaker involved.
"Simon knows her through the One Direction connection and he thought she`d be touched by the film and he was right because she was," he said.
The single, titled `Sweeter Than Fiction`, will be unveiled on September 6 when `One Chance` premieres at the Toronto International Film Festival in Canada.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'—Celebrate heartbreak ala Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma in 'Channa Mereya' song! Watch now
- 'Rock On!! 2' band member Shraddha Kapoor aka Jiah releases her new single 'Tere Mere Dil'! Watch now
- Zayn Malik shares the reason for quitting One Direction
- VHP, Bajrang Dal seek cancellation of Pakistani singer Shafqat Amanat Ali's concert
- Treat for fans of Carnatic music on Vijayadashami in Dubai