The Doors’ former members honour Jim Morrison on 40th death anniversary
London: The former members of ‘The Doors’ paid homage to the rock band’s lead singer Jim Morrison on his 40th death anniversary by lighting candles at his grave in Paris.
Morrison, known for his partying lifestyle, died on July 2, 1971 at a very young age of 27 due to heart failure in his bathtub in Paris, reports the Telegraph.
His grave at Pere Lachaise cemetery remains a pilgrimage site for fans.
Band members Ray Manzarek, the keyboardist, and guitarist Robby Krieger lit candles at the grave of Morrison, who was nicknamed the “lizard king”.
Fans also paid tribute to the singer/lyricist by leaving flowers at his grave. Some even wore black T-shirts with a white drawing of Morrison’s face and the words “40th anniversary”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone will NOT attend Cannes Film Festival
- Acne breakout in summer? Follow these simple steps
- Prince George to attend private school that discourages best friends
- Phillauri Day 1 collections: Anushka Sharma's spooky act mints Rs 4 cr!
- Hugh Grant dances to Drake's song in 'Love Actually' short film
- Vidya Balan's 'Begum Jaan': 'Prem Mein Tohre' by Asha Bhosle highlights Anu Malik's musical brilliance
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!
- Noor: Sonakshi Sinha lets her hair down, teases video of song 'Gulabi 2.0'
- Every film with AR Rahman is special journey, says Mani Ratnam