Toni Braxton announces retirement from recording music
London: Singer Toni Braxton has announced that she is retiring as a recording artist.
The 45-year-old singer, who has won eight Grammy Awards, said that she has lost some of her passion for music, reported Daily Mail online.
"For what I do I have to love it. I have to feel that excitement and it`s gone. I`m just not going to do any albums anymore; maybe touring occasionally here and there because I love performing, but not as much as I did in the past. But no new projects," she said.
Braxton added that she wishes to focus on acting, with her dream role being to play a lesbian on screen.
"I would like to play a lesbian. I don`t know why. And do a whole make-out scene and the whole thing; just something completely different than people would expect from me. Not a lipstick lesbian, either," she added.
Besides a successful music career, Braxton has become well-known for US reality TV series Braxton Family Values.
"That`s just not what I wanted to be when I grew up."
Braxton has won five American Music Awards, nine Billboard Music Awards and has sold over 66.7 million records worldwide.
Last year, Braxton was admitted to hospital following health complications.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Logan' TRAILER alert! Wolverine is back and how—Watch here
- Rati Agnihotri, businessman husband booked in Rs 47 lakh electricity theft case
- Sushmita Sen’s ‘I had promised the 14 year old #me’ VIDEO will inspire you to discipline your body
- Bollywood singer Mika Singh attends Donald Trump's pre-inauguration dinner! Watch video
- Jallikattu row: Rajinikanth joins massive protest supporting traditional bull sport
- Akshay Kumar turns a 'Jolly good fellow' in this new promotional music video!
- Shahid Kapoor and Kangana Ranaut's brilliant chemistry in 'Yeh Ishq Hai' song from 'Rangoon' is a must WATCH!
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aditya Roy Kapoor and Hrithik Roshan revisit evergreen hits – Here’s how
- David Guetta concert: Mumbai, Delhi gig rescheduled to January 15
- Musical tribute to Kaifi Azmi on 98th birth anniversary