Tony Iommi appointed University music professor
London: Black Sabbath star Tony Iommi is to pass on his rock `n` roll knowledge to students in his native UK as a university music professor.
According to reports, the 66-year-old rocker has been made a professor of music at Coventry University in England and plans to start teaching songwriting workshops in the autumn.
Iommi, who received an honorary doctorate from the university last year, said, "I`m looking forward to working with the students."
Dr Sara Reed, head of the university`s performing arts department, said, "His huge wealth of experience and musical knowledge is beyond value to our students. It`s a fantastic opportunity for them to learn from such an immensely talented individual."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Baywatch’ babe Priyanka Chopra shares sizzling hot pic on Dwayne Johnson’s birthday
- Who’s the ‘Secret Superstar’ in Aamir Khan’s next film?
- Hema Malini, Dharmendra celebrate 36 years of marriage – See pics
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Kesha legal battle: Singer releases her single post clash!
- Watch: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Punjabi swag in 'Tung Luk' from 'Sarbjit' will win your heart
- Ghulam Ali, Pt Jasraj perform on Sankat Mochan Sangeet Samaroh
- Armaan Malik honoured with Dadasaheb Phalke award!
- 'Me and Mrs Jones' singer Billy Paul no more