Tony Iommi appointed University music professor
London: Black Sabbath star Tony Iommi is to pass on his rock `n` roll knowledge to students in his native UK as a university music professor.
According to reports, the 66-year-old rocker has been made a professor of music at Coventry University in England and plans to start teaching songwriting workshops in the autumn.
Iommi, who received an honorary doctorate from the university last year, said, "I`m looking forward to working with the students."
Dr Sara Reed, head of the university`s performing arts department, said, "His huge wealth of experience and musical knowledge is beyond value to our students. It`s a fantastic opportunity for them to learn from such an immensely talented individual."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Urvashi Rautela gives 'Resham Ka Rumaal' a sexy twist in 'Great Grand Masti' – Watch here
- 'Sultan' Salman Khan lends his majestic voice for the title track, impresses again! – Check out
- Zareen Khan, Ali Fazal to feature in T-Series music video
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma team up with India's first transgender band
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' sans songs? Details inside