Tony Iommi appointed University music professor
London: Black Sabbath star Tony Iommi is to pass on his rock `n` roll knowledge to students in his native UK as a university music professor.
According to reports, the 66-year-old rocker has been made a professor of music at Coventry University in England and plans to start teaching songwriting workshops in the autumn.
Iommi, who received an honorary doctorate from the university last year, said, "I`m looking forward to working with the students."
Dr Sara Reed, head of the university`s performing arts department, said, "His huge wealth of experience and musical knowledge is beyond value to our students. It`s a fantastic opportunity for them to learn from such an immensely talented individual."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pranavananda Swami files complaint against Kamal Hassan over remarks on Mahabharata
- Jennifer Lopez goes on romantic date with Alex Rodriguez
- It's a talent how Shah Rukh, Salman handle stardom: Anushka Sharma
- 'Pad Man' to raise awareness about sanitary hygiene: Twinkle Khanna
- Amber Heard reveals coming out as bisexual was difficult
- Vidya Balan's 'Begum Jaan': 'Prem Mein Tohre' by Asha Bhosle highlights Anu Malik's musical brilliance
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!
- Noor: Sonakshi Sinha lets her hair down, teases video of song 'Gulabi 2.0'
- Every film with AR Rahman is special journey, says Mani Ratnam