U2 to premiere new charity single during Super Bowl
London: Irish band U2 will premiere their new single `Invisible` during Super Bowl XLVIII on February 2.
The track will air as part of a Bank of America advertisement for Bono`s (RED) campaign, which promotes HIV/AIDS prevention worldwide, reported Digital Spy.
Invisible` will be made available for free on iTunes for the first 24 hours after the Super Bowl airs, with Bank of America donating USD 1 for every download up to USD 2 million.
The money earned will benefit the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.
Bono announced the special commercial, saying, "Bank of America coming on as a (RED) partner to help the Global Fund`s efforts to eliminate AIDS is great new.
"It`s the kind of game-changing influence that will not just deliver millions of dollars but raise consciousness and keep public pressure on putting an end to this devastating pandemic which has already taken the lives of 35 million people.
"And just in... The bank`s commitment of USD 10 million has resulted in the Gates Foundation, SAP and Africa`s Motsepe Family matching for a total of USD 22 million."
`Invisible` is the first single from U2`s next studio album.
Super Bowl XLVIII ? which pits the Denver Broncos against the Seattle Seahawks ? will air on Fox from MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
Fox`s coverage will include Bill O`Reilly interviewing US president Barack Obama, and a half-time set by Bruno Mars and Red Hot Chili Peppers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Never do films keeping in mind box office numbers: Aishwarya
- Here's what John Abraham has to say on former girlfriend Bipasha Basu's wedding!
- So cute! Shilpa Shetty's birthday present has two special names embedded on it! – View pic
- Veerappan movie review: Brilliant camerawork engages you
- Gwyneth Paltrow, Chris Martin officially divorced
- Was intimidated by Amit Trivedi: 'Baby Doll' singer Kanika Kapoor
- Like things to be poetic in music, says Rabbi Shergill
- Sonal Chauhan, Ankit Tiwari's new song video 'Badtameez' is must watch for every heartbroken lover!
- New song 'Da Da Dasse' from 'Udta Punjab' is thoroughly intoxicating – Watch here
- Music companies give commercial songs to their artists: Sonu Nigam