Wanted music be about my voice, says Alexandra Burke on leaving label
London: Singer Alexandra Burke has spoken about her decision to part ways with her record label, saying it was a mutual decision to terminate her record deal.
Speaking about the departure, Burke said, "As everyone knows, I was with Syco and then I moved to RCA for my second album. We had a great run, I was always treated like family, but then it got to a point where I knew there was only so much jumping around I could do on stage.
"I really wanted to strip it all back and have my music be about my voice. Doing everything I did before came from the heart, but RCA still wanted a lot of the pop stuff, which was great but I remembered the reason I won The X Factor is because I sang my heart out. It was a mutual decision and they were and still are so great to me. But now I really want to go for it."
Burke has teased that her third studio collection - which she is currently recording in New York - is "coming sooner" than people think.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alia Bhatt heads for a family vacation to Maldives!
- Did you know how many alcohol bottles Nawazuddin Siddiqui crush in 'Raees' trailer?
- All you want to know about Pradosh Vrat!
- All I ever wanted to be was an entertainer, says Ranveer Singh
- 'Befikre' box office report, day 2: Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer continues to impress audience
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Aamir Khan’s ‘Dangal’ title track out and it’s awesome!
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil Hoon Main' song will make you fall in love all over again!
- Hrithik Roshan's new song 'Kaabil Hoon Main' is soft and soothing!
- Aamir Khan has something to say about ‘Dangal’ title track – Watch