Wanted music be about my voice, says Alexandra Burke on leaving label
London: Singer Alexandra Burke has spoken about her decision to part ways with her record label, saying it was a mutual decision to terminate her record deal.
Speaking about the departure, Burke said, "As everyone knows, I was with Syco and then I moved to RCA for my second album. We had a great run, I was always treated like family, but then it got to a point where I knew there was only so much jumping around I could do on stage.
"I really wanted to strip it all back and have my music be about my voice. Doing everything I did before came from the heart, but RCA still wanted a lot of the pop stuff, which was great but I remembered the reason I won The X Factor is because I sang my heart out. It was a mutual decision and they were and still are so great to me. But now I really want to go for it."
Burke has teased that her third studio collection - which she is currently recording in New York - is "coming sooner" than people think.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Hilarious Nawazuddin Siddiqui playing Karachi reporter Chand Nawab!
- Porn ban: Govt might come into bedroom to see how couples are having sex, says Ram Gopal Varma
- 'Masaan', 'Jaanisar' tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Aanand L Rai to present Swara Bhaskar-starrer
- 'Singh is Bling' trailer to be out with 'Brothers'