What encouraged Robbie Williams to sing?
Los Angeles: Singer Robbie Williams says popular song "Summer Nights", from the movie ‘Grease’, encouraged him to make career in singing.
The popular song was a part of John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John`s 1978 film ‘Grease’, which was an adaptation of 1972 Broadway musical of same name.
"My first three years were spent in a pub - and `Summer Nights` was on the jukebox. That was the first record that showed me I had a future in performance - because the punters would put the money in and I`d mime to the record. I`d do the whole bit," thesun.co.uk quoted Williams as saying.
The singer is known for songs like "Strong", "Feel", "Misunderstood" and "Candy".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistani artiste controversy: Producers thank cinema owners for backing 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release
- No one can make remake of magnum opus 'Mughal-e-Azam', says Randhir Kapoor
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan talks about her relationship with Ranbir Kapoor in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'
- Veteran Punjabi actor Mehar Mittal passes away
- Asking money for casting Pak actors is extortion: Ashoke Pandit on ADHM row
- Classical musicians are not entertainers: Amjad Ali Khan
- Taylor Swift to perform at Formula One concert!
- Arijit Singh's 'Nashe Si Chadh Gayi' from Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer 'Befikre' will leave you tripping
- 'Enormous market for music in India'
- Shah Rukh Khan is our favourite, says British pop rock band 'The Vamps'