Would love to perform at the Olympics: George Michael
London: Singer George Michael doesn`t expect to be invited to perform at the London 2012 Olympics but says he would love to be invited.
The 48-year-old `Careless Whisper` hitmaker says it would be honour for him to be asked to play at the prestigious opening ceremony next year but admits he`s way down on the organisers` wish list, reported Contactmusic.
"I`d love to be perform at the opening ceremony but unfortunately no one`s asked me! I`d imagine they`d ask Take That, wouldn`t they? It seems to be Take That for everything these days," he said.
Michael, who is midway through his `Symphonica` tour of Europe, also said that he is grateful his fans have stuck by him despite a string of personal problems over the past 12 months.
The singer served four weeks of an eight-week sentence for driving under the influence of drugs in September 2010 and recently split from long-term partner Kenny Goss.
"I`ve always known I have incredibly loyal and amazing fans, and they`ve never let me down. But I was pretty overwhelmed by the love and support they`ve shown me in the last 12 months. I`ve always felt that there`s something very special about my audience. When I perform, I can feel from
their energy that they`re very kind people," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shilpa Shinde files FIR against 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai' producer, accuses him of sexual harassment!
- FIR against Shirish Kunder for 'insulting' UP CM Yogi Adityanath!
- Alia Bhatt achieved everything on her own: Pooja Bhatt
- Sixth sense in women key self-defence, says Vidyut Jammwal
- The Voice India...' winner wants to playback for Salman Khan
- Vidya Balan's 'Begum Jaan': 'Prem Mein Tohre' by Asha Bhosle highlights Anu Malik's musical brilliance
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!
- Noor: Sonakshi Sinha lets her hair down, teases video of song 'Gulabi 2.0'
- Every film with AR Rahman is special journey, says Mani Ratnam