Zubin Mehta wowing music aficionados with concert spree in China
Beijing: Zubin Mehta, an Indian Parsi conductor of Western classical music, will be ringing in the New Year with a concert at the Guangzhou Opera House in China.
According to China Daily, the four-time conductor of the Vienna New Year `s concert will enthrall the audience with strong-beat excerpts from Spanish operas and Strauss brothers` classics.
The conductor, 77, whose first show in Guangzhou in 2012 was the city`s biggest box-office hit among classical music concerts, said that classical music in China today is common in every city and that is a wonderful development.
The building of so many excellent concert halls and opera houses in the country is adding to this explosion of culture, the world-famous maestro asserted, adding that he enjoys working with Chinese musicians, such as pianists Lang Lang and Wang Yuja and violinist Zhu Dan.
Mehta with the Orquestra de la Comunitat Valenciana is on a concert tour to seven Chinese cities including Changsha, Shanghai, Wuhan, Hangzhou and Beijing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!