Zubin Mehta wowing music aficionados with concert spree in China
Beijing: Zubin Mehta, an Indian Parsi conductor of Western classical music, will be ringing in the New Year with a concert at the Guangzhou Opera House in China.
According to China Daily, the four-time conductor of the Vienna New Year `s concert will enthrall the audience with strong-beat excerpts from Spanish operas and Strauss brothers` classics.
The conductor, 77, whose first show in Guangzhou in 2012 was the city`s biggest box-office hit among classical music concerts, said that classical music in China today is common in every city and that is a wonderful development.
The building of so many excellent concert halls and opera houses in the country is adding to this explosion of culture, the world-famous maestro asserted, adding that he enjoys working with Chinese musicians, such as pianists Lang Lang and Wang Yuja and violinist Zhu Dan.
Mehta with the Orquestra de la Comunitat Valenciana is on a concert tour to seven Chinese cities including Changsha, Shanghai, Wuhan, Hangzhou and Beijing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Going vegan one of the best decisions I took: Shruti Haasan
- Angelina Jolie may star in 'Maleficent 2'
- Irrfan Khan unveils first look of his banned Bangladeshi film ‘Doob’
- Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt promote 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania' like Dilliwallas!
- Zee Cine Awards 2017: Check out the nominations for the Viewers’ Choice categories
- Anushka Sharma’s ‘Phillauri’: ‘Whats up’ - first wedding song of this season – Watch
- Maluma to donate Vina del Mar fest paycheque to fire victims
- Arjun Kapoor – Shraddha Kapoor’s ‘Half Girlfriend’ to create record with 18-minute long song!
- Justin Bieber India Purpose Tour: Varun Dhawan to attend concert
- Akshay Kumar and Raveena Tandon's popular song all set for a reprised version!