DeGeneres` five best Oscar monologue barbs
Los Angeles: Stand-up comedian and host Ellen DeGeneres wowed the audience at the 86th Academy Awards with her funny antics and did not spare any nominee.
The 56-year-old gave one of the better Oscar monologues in recent memory at the awards gala Sunday.
Below are DeGeneres` best zingers:
1. On the night`s biggest race: "There are so many different possibilities. Possibility no. 1, `12 Years a Slave` wins best picture. Possibility no. 2: You`re all racist."
2. To Jennifer Lawrence, whose award-winning fall at the 2013 Oscars was the subject of an extended riff: "If you win, we should bring you the Oscar."
3. After running down the lineage of Bruce Dern, whose grandfather was governor of Utah, whose great-uncle was a renowned poet, and whose godmother was Eleanor Roosevelt: "What happened?"
4. On the Oscars` resemblance to a recent box office smash: "There are cameras everywhere, you`re starving, Jennifer Lawrence won - it`s `The Hunger Games!`".
5. To Liza Minnellii: "Hello to the best Liza Minnelli impersonator I`ve ever seen. Good job, sir!"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anushka Sharma's 'Sultan' teaser to be out on her birthday?
- Rs 100 crore mark still too far for Shah Rukh Khan's 'Fan'?
- Nobody can portray Lakhan better than me: Anil Kapoor
- Bipasha Basu - Karan Singh Grover wedding: Official pictures from mehendi/ sangeet ceremony are here
- OMG: Akshay Kumar's bodyguard punches a fan – Details inside