Oscar Awards 2013: Anne Hathaway prefers marriage to winning an Oscar
London: Nominated for an Oscar next week, actress Anne Hathaway says nothing will ever top the feeling of getting married, not even winning the coveted Hollywood honour.
The 30-year-old actress, who is up for the best supporting actress award for her role in `Les Miserables`, said her big day with Adam Shulman last year was the best, reported Daily Star.
"I don`t think ahead to the Oscars; whatever happens, happens. It won`t be the worst thing to ever happen to me if I don`t win. And with my husband by my side, winning wouldn`t be the best thing that`s happened to me either.
"I`ve been lucky to win a lot of awards since we got married though. He`s definitely a lucky charm, in more ways than awards," she said.
Hathaway is the hot favourite to pick up the Oscar in her category next Sunday for her role as Fantine, which has already earned her a BAFTA.
"Getting to do the work we do is the most sublime experience. I don`t know how I got so lucky. Winning awards for doing it is spectacular, I love it. But that`s not what it`s about."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Woah! Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur to share longest kiss in 'Fitoor'
- Katrina Kaif breaks silence over break-up with Ranbir Kapoor, here's what she has to say
- Gujarati theatre actor Markand Bhatt passes away
- I am not in awe of Kareena Kapoor Khan: Arjun Kapoor
- Hope to come up with rock album in year or two: Aditya Roy Kapoor