Oscar Awards 2013: `Life of Pi` voted most mistake-free Academy-worthy movie
Los Angeles: Filmmaker Ang Lee`s ‘Life of Pi’ would be a clear winner for best picture at Academy Awards this year if the prize giving was based on the least amount of movie errors, says a survey conducted by MovieMistakes.com.
Film fans at the website have given the movie adaptation of Yann Martel`s novel thumbs up as the most blunder-free picture.
In ‘Life of Pi’, the experts only spotted one editing error in the film, compared to 26 in Quentin Tarantino`s ‘Django Unchained’ and 22 in ‘Argo’.
"Oscar nominees aren`t normally too mistake-ridden, although this year`s crop is a little bit more so than average. The visual effects nominees tend to have the most mistakes, possibly due to their blockbuster nature but given their budgets you`d hope they could avoid errors," MovieMistakes.com editor Jon Sandys said, reports contactmusic.com.
‘Life Of Pi’ narrates the tale of a boy who is adrift at sea in a lifeboat with a Royal Bengal tiger after his family is drowned in a shipwreck. It features Indian talent, including debutant Suraj Sharma, and critically acclaimed actors Tabu and Irrfan.
The other mistake-laden movies are ‘Les Miserables’ with 15 errors; ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ with 12; ‘Silver Linings Playbook’ with nine, and ‘Lincoln’ with eight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out Katrina Kaif's brand new look in 'Jagga Jasoos'! Pic inside
- This is how Akshay Kumar made his darling daughter Nitara's birthday more special! Pics inside
- B-Town celebs congratulate Sania Mirza on Pan Pacific Open win!
- Amitabh Bachchan's passion is of different level: Anees Bazmee
- Don't think my potential will ever be tapped: Soha Ali Khan