Oscar Awards 2013: Non-winners to get pampered with a consolation prize worth $45,000!
New Delhi: Taking its practice forward of rewarding performers in every possible way, the Oscars won’t send its non-winning nominees back empty-handed this time. Starting a new trend of compensating the nominees, this move by the organisers seems to be very promising and very much in tune with the age-old adage ‘hard work pays’.
According to reports, an LA-based marketing firm will be giving a bag full of goodies worth $45,000 to those who would end up not getting an award despite being nominated. The bag is expected to open to a free holiday trip, an anti-ageing treatment, a bottle of tequila among several other things. However, the gifts will be taxable as per the US law.
The Academy Awards will be held on February 25, 2013 in Los Angeles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PIA plane crashes near Abbottabad; singer Junaid Jamshed feared dead
- Hrithik Roshan's new song 'Kaabil Hoon Main' is soft and soothing!
- Mahira Khan will promote 'Raees' only if it is necessary, says producer
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Katrina Kaif in one frame is a sight to behold!
- Cheap Fast Food places to visit in Mumbai